Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data picker isn't working

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
On Friday, I installed the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I want to create a form in which the date is entered, among other things. Unfortunately the date picker does not show up (I set the field as "date"). I was trying to edit my old form and create new one (and I was trying this on both my PC and laptop), Date picker isn't showing. I have no idea what can I do to make it works.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app is showing the form? Only recent versions of Acrobat and Acrobat Reader will show a date picker. Browsers, email, online viewers, Adobe Sign - these will not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my PC , directly from my Adobe account (I was installing it 3 days ago to have newest version) . I am addring date form from upper meny, I am changing form into "date" (so I can enter only date there) but the date picker isn't showing up. I was trying to install it on my second computer too, but it still isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer: what app are you using to show and check the form. I know what you have installed, but that doesn't mean you are using it to view the file. Perhaps a screen shot of the whole window showing the PDF open, window header and such, if you are not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the english UI of Acrobat and the date picker will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try but it is hard to believe that it isn't working because of my interface's language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date picker will not work on Adobe Sign forms. Use a Acrobat form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how to change it? is it different app or  I must just change settings ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screeeny.png

and it is Acrobat Form not Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Prepare Form, then click on More and Revert to Acrobat Form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked it, and my file is Acrobat Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share it with us, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. it has only date file, and nothing more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me:

try67_0-1659424171966.png

However, the arrow to open the date picker is almost not visible, because the field is at the edge of the page. If you resize or move it a bit to the left it will be more evident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I can't see the arrow at all 296561587_3071435613168185_6232026445951904708_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what to tell you... Try running a Repair Installation on the application (via the Help menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it and it changed nothing 😞 . Someone said it may be problem wit my interface language, but  it would be really strange (and I can't change, it will be used by people who have Polish version of Adobe Reader, so changing it on my PC is useless)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The date picker is not available in the Polish version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to try it, but it seems that if I change language, I will do it for all my apps, ...and the form I am making will be used on PC that have Polish version of Adobe Reader so changing it on my computer is useless. It is little strange that language of the menu is stopping it from working. 😞  But thank you for all your help anyway ❤️ .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to change the language of just Acrobat, via Edit - Preferences - Language - Application Language. If English is not available there then you'll need to reinstall it using the English installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is the language. Hard to believe I know, that Adobe should do four languages and then stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's not like they're a multi-billion dollar company that can afford to localize its software for its users... </s>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've clicked on "Prepare Form" and the only "more" I see is the hammer and wrench, and there is no option to convert my document to any other format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines