Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DC Pro save button grayed out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have seen numerous posts about this and have tried the fix-it steps to no avail.   I have Adobe DC Pro and all of a sudden the save button is grayed out.   I never changed my Adobe subscription, so I am not sure why from opening one file to the next the format suddenly changed and I cannot save anymore without editing.  Most PDF's I open I do not edit so this is very inconvenient for me.   I read all of the other posts and preformed the steps such as going to preferences > general and making sure that "show online storage when saving files" was unchecked, and this has not worked.   I have done a work-around by draging the file from my downloads folder and saving it to the location I need, but this is a huge inconvenience.  Why on earth would Adobe gray out this button so that you could only save after editing.  That is ridiculous.   

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use File > Save as...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially I didn't even have a file drop down on my toolbar.  I updated my app and it is there now.  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I'm not editing the pdf, but rotating the page to be landscape and then I want to save it. However, the save button is  grayed out. I can't do a save as because the file is saved in SolidWorks PDM and when I do a save as I receive an error, the file cannot be saved because it's open in another program. SolidWorks PDM only allows one file name to be saved with the same name so if I do a save as I have to add another character on the end of the file, delete the original file, and correct the name of the newly saved file with the page rotated correctly.  Such a difficult process when before switching to Adobe DC Pro I could click the save button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotating the view doesn't change the document. Rotate the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just figured that out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many apps work like this. The Save command is only enabled after you edit the file. Otherwise, you should use Save As.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but I didn't even have that option available.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by design and not unique to Adobe. If you open a saved Word document for instance, the save icon does nothing also. The file is already "saved" on your computer. If you want to save an additional copy of a file, the Save As function is the correct choice. If the "File menu" is not visible, click the Menu button in upper left corner. The method for accessing the Save As function does change over time. Many apps have replaced the standard menus at the top of the screen with alternative interfaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Kara. I've downloaded a pdf and haven't saved it yet. Nor do I need to edit it, as someone is essentially just sharing it with me. This 'feature' is ridiculous and time-consuming, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are misunderstanding terminology. If you've downloaded it, you have already saved it on your computer. It is "saved" in your downloads folder. "Saved" means a copy of the file exists in your possession, either in your cloud or local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes many apps have indeed unnecessarily complicated basic functionalities with supposedly sleek looking interfaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines