Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deactivate dead computer - NOT creative cloud, purchased license from amazon

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro Student from Amazon this year and installed and used the product key/license on my laptop, which just died on me (motherboard). I cannot find any help in the Adobe community NOR on Amazon to figure out how to use this same license on my new computer. 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I guess this was Acrobat Pro 2017, and I guess you still have the serial number (DON'T TELL ANYONE WHAT IT IS!)

If that's what you purchased, we can help you find the download - Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - 2017, correct. But - when I use the code, it says that it has already been used... 

I have a Mac. 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a legitimate serial number then it should appear under your account on this website: https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not purchase this myself through my own amazon account - it was a gift. Thus is not on my own account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only did not mention in the original prompt as I did not expect that to be relevant to the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's registered to you? It doesn't matter who actually paid for it. If it's registered under your account then it's your license. You should be able to retrieve the serial number from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - registered to me. 

I was gifted the software, which I downloaded from Amazon and registered/used. I used the software until my previous computer's motherboard went bad, and am now unable to use the serial number/download that I initially successfully used (on my last computer). I tried downloading acrobat pro trial version and using this activation code without luck. I'm stuck and feel like it would be silly to repurchase - there must be a way to just transfer this product to another device. 

Thanks for all your help,
L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it was Acrobat 2017 then you have to use that installer, not the one for Acrobat DC.

You'll find it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2017-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under my adobe acct it lists the product as registered under the "my products" page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines