• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete auto fill data in Acrobat

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm filling out a fillable PDF, Acrobat automatically suggests info I've filled out before. Is there a way to delete some of the more sensitive info (ex. Social Security #) from Acrobat's memory?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Hi Kazut

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

The Auto-Complete feature stores any entries that you type in an interactive form field. Auto-Complete then suggests or even automatically enters responses that match your typing in other form fields. The suggestions appear in a pop-up menu, from which you can select a match. The Auto-Complete feature is off by default, so you must enable it in the forms preferences if you want to use it.

To remove an entry from the Auto-Complete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

When you use Fill & Sign you can disable this in your Adobe account.

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

None of these steps worked for me. I went to Menu -> Preferences -> Forms & deselected Automatically calculate field values, Show field preview when creating or editing form fields & Automatically detect Form fields. No past entries are showing up...at this time

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kazut

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

The Auto-Complete feature stores any entries that you type in an interactive form field. Auto-Complete then suggests or even automatically enters responses that match your typing in other form fields. The suggestions appear in a pop-up menu, from which you can select a match. The Auto-Complete feature is off by default, so you must enable it in the forms preferences if you want to use it.

To remove an entry from the Auto-Complete memory, such as a misspelled entry that you found and corrected later, edit the list in the preferences.

1. Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences
  2. Select Forms on the left.
  3. Click Edit Entry List under Auto-Complete.
  4. In the Auto-Complete Entry List dialog box, do one of the following, and then click Yes in the confirmation dialog box:
    i) To remove all of the entries, click Remove All.
    ii) To remove some of the entries, select the entries and click Remove. (Shift-click to select multiple adjacent entries; Ctrl-click to select multiple nonadjacent entries.)

Note: When you select an option in the Auto-Complete menu, a description of how it affects the Auto-Complete behavior appears in the text area below.

For more information please check out the help page : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/filling-pdf-forms.html#auto_complete_forms_interactive_forms_o...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Reader DC and am also trying to delete sensitive information that got cached using Fill and Sign in past documents.

I went to Edit -> Preferences -> Forms and Auto-Complete is off.

For this reason it seems, the Edit Entry List button is disabled.

Where else in Adobe Reader can I completely clear all these entries and also remove the option to cache any future entries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use Fill & Sign you can disable this in your Adobe account.

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not logged into Adobe.  I'm using Adobe Reader DC - any idea where would I find the option similar to what's in your screenshot? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ in a browser and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. 

So, essentially I have to create an account in order to clear the entries that are cached in Fill and Sign on my local machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already a Adobe Id. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions to Clear Suggestions, as well as to disable auto-suggestion with Fill and Sign. 

However, previously entered information still display using Fill and Sign.

Any other options to correct this security flaw besides completely uninstalling Adobe Reader from my computer?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a security flaw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. This is a huge security flaw. My local Acrobat Reader is configured to NOT save any form data; and yet it is saving everything that is entered using Fill & Sign. I'd like to know how to clear the local cache without having to initiate a sign-in (and, thus, cloud sync of all the private data that should NOT have been saved in the first place). Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get rid of the Fill & Sign data?
Even uninstalling Reader doesn't delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your answer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/autocomplete-still-working-after-disabling...

The auto-fill data is cloud saved so you have to delete it from your cloud account, not locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/37690150--urgent...

If you are not signed in while using Acrobat DC Fill and Sign, the autofill data will be cached locally and you must manually delete it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree its a huge security flaw.  I never gave permission to save my sensitive info. I still have not found a way to delete it.  The "Edit Entry List" button is grayed - cannot access it.  Have not found a "settings" button anywhere and specifically absent in Fill & Sign.  Can anyone direct me.  I guess I will have to do a complete uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe - Click on Menu

Click on Preferences

Click on Javascript

Uncheck Enable Acrobat JavaScript

no more Auto fill data

Must be a programming flaw as the other methods suggested by the "expert" DON'T work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work. All previously entered data still shows up. 

I've disabled Java. The Settings in my account some people mention isn't even an option for me. Old crap entries still show up in droves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of these steps worked for me. I went to Menu -> Preferences -> Forms & deselected Automatically calculate field values, Show field preview when creating or editing form fields & Automatically detect Form fields. No past entries are showing up...at this time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to send a adobe sign document and it has auto populated form fields for me to use, they are in the wrong place and incorrect. How do i remove the populated form fields and add my own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ProSidian 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Your issue is different from what is being discussed in this thread. Please start a new discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-acrobat-sign/ct-p/ct-adobe-sign?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines