• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Page

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to delete a page in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 2020.013.20074) sometime I rceived an error message 'One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted'.  It's a wrong error message there is no other page or file is opening.  When I close and reopen the pdf file, it always allows me to delete the page, the problem is it keep reoccurring randomly.  Reinstall/Repair Acrobat didn't help.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please update the application to the latest version 21.05.20048 from the help menu and reboot the computer once and check if that works.

Also, Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences and in the Documents section see if PDF/A View Mode is set to Always. Change it to Never, then try to delete pages as described in the similar discussion https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Trying-delete-pages-pdf-One-pages-deleted-q5603.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please update the application to the latest version 21.05.20048 from the help menu and reboot the computer once and check if that works.

Also, Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences and in the Documents section see if PDF/A View Mode is set to Always. Change it to Never, then try to delete pages as described in the similar discussion https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Trying-delete-pages-pdf-One-pages-deleted-q5603.aspx

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I follwed your instructions and I have been testing it for quite sometimes,  this issue happened randonly it was hard to reproduce.  Sinice I have changed the Preferences > Documents > PDF/A mode = Never, the problem has never reoccured.  So I comfirmed this method fixed the deleting page issue.  I have been searching this fix forever, maybe I didn't search for solutions enough.  Thanks Amal, you are the goto man, have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have more chances to do some testing, the solution is not completely fixed the issue, I still receive the error message sometime when I opened multiple windows with multiple tabs then delete one of the pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the error message  for a better understanding?

Also, please try to update the application to the latest version from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and check if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will provide more details next time I encounter the issue, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines