• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog Box too big for my screen

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been asked and answered before, but I'm still not able to see the bottom of some dialog boxes.  Below is a screen shot of my attempt to save a document as PDF/A.  I can't get to the "Continue" button.  If I drag the Preflight dialog box, I can see the Continue button, but it dips below the bottom of the screen whenever I let go of the dialog box.  I followed a prior thread's advice to click on that thread's link to "Resolution in dialog box is too large in Acrobat XI" steps.  It did not work.  I then tried the repair installation option then rebooted.  It still did not work.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you.Screenshot (4).png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

This is a resizable dialog. Shrink it from the top, then drag it upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a resizable dialog. Shrink it from the top, then drag it upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++to the correct answer given above.

Once resized and shrink, next time when you will open it dialog box would retain the previous size automatically.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something.  How do I shrink the dialog box from the top?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like any resizable window... Hover over the top edge of the window, above the title bar, until the up/down arrow appears, then click and drag to resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woops!  I was able to re-size the first dialog box, but for some reason, the next dialog box refuses to be vertically resized.  I can resize it horizontally but the "continue" button remains hidden.  Is this a fluke?Screenshot (5).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly looks as if your screen is too small. What is your screen resolution and scaling?

Here are some ideas though

- What about moving the box up to the top of the window?

- And making the taskbar auto hide?

More advanced: use Tab, Tab, Tab, Enter. But you'll probably get stuck on the next screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I made the task bar auto hid.  That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, one of my "desperate last efforts" was wrong. Instead of Tab, Tab, Tab, Enter you would need to click on a radio button, then Tab, Tab, Tab, Spacebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a scaling by your Windows.

I have a XPS 2in1 with 1920 x 1200 and all Import, Export and Cam Raw Windows have been way to large.

Windows -> Display -> Scaling was at 150%!

I set it to 100% and all is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed the "Scale for screen resoultion (restart required) to  "System" from "Auto-Detect" and restarted PDF viewer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attribute can be found under Edit > Preference > General of PDF viewer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try double-clicking the top of the dialogue box, it should minimize it. If it's taking up almost the whole of the screen, it's on Maximize mode.

Alternatively, right-clicking on the part that says "open", should open a dialogue box that should let you minimize. 

Lisa25885139lg7b_0-1661896503775.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines