• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog Boxes Too Big for Screen

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Creative Cloud products on my Surface 2 pro and when I open certain dialog boxes they are too big and I cannot see all the options and cannot access the OK, save and cancel buttons. 

In particular:  In Adobe Acrobat when cropping an image I cannot see the OK button and the bottom of the crop dialogue box.  Rotating the surface makes no difference because the buttons at the bottom of the dialog box are off the screen to the right.  I have tried zooming but that only seems to change the size of the text and not the actual dialog box.  It would help if I was able to move the dialog box to the left but I am not able to do that. 

Given that a lot of web content is now responsive to screen scaling I would have expected Adobe products to be capable of scaling a dialog box to fit a variety of screen sizes. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and under "Scale for screen resolution"

select "Auto-Detect".

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Piksel Dee <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this setting is already on Auto-Detect.  My dialog boxes are too big even with this setting enabled. 

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this setting is already on Auto-Detect.  My dialog boxes are too big even with this setting enabled. 

Any other suggestions?

By @Piksel_Dee

I know it is quite a few years after your question was posted and you may have found a solution but a google search brought me here and I followed the advice given but rather than selecting 'autodetect' , which is the default Acrobat setting anyway, I changed the "Scale for screen resolution" setting to 100%.

I guess this worked because my laptop default screen resolution is  set at 150% and after changing the Acrobat setting to 100% and restarting my laptop Acrobat appears much smaller and all dialogue boxes are visible. (See Screenshots) View of documents is not affected.

However the view of Acrobat is quite small and might be too small for some people but this does solve the dialogue box visibility problem.

If I was able to manually change the scale setting to 125% I think that might be the perfect solution for me, balancing better appearance of the app with visibility of the dialogue boxes; but unfortunately that is not possible.

Anyway if you didn't find solution by now or anyone, like me, is searching for a solution to this problem I hope this helps.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are couple of screenshots

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have a selection for "scale for screen resolution" in PS2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was about Acrobat, not Photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Piksel+Dee  wrote

Given that a lot of web content is now responsive to screen scaling I would have expected Adobe products to be capable of scaling a dialog box to fit a variety of screen sizes. 

You can fill out a feature request so the engineers can see it here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Another solution would be to allow scrolling behavior in large dialog boxes! For now, press Retun (or Enter on Windows) for Okay and Escape to cancel a dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines