• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Different information on file if I open with Adobe Pro VS Reader!

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning guys,

I am dealing with a really weird issue.  

I have 1 file, if I open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro, I do not get all the information on the file.

If I open it with Acrobat Reader, I do get to see more information.

Yeah, I thought I was crazy and I made a video so you can see: https://www.loom.com/share/aec2156efaf5455c9c03cc7896c69fea

Any thoughts? 

Thank you,

Jairo.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fill in the form, or did you get it pre filled-in? If you did it, did you do it manually, or with a program? If manually, in which application? If with a program, which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for replying!

I filled up the information manually, I just typed it in using Adobe Acrobat DC

Jairo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you at some point open the file in another application? Can you share the file (with dummy data) with us, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the original file, but in order to send it to you I would need to remove the address and some other information, which is fine, but then Adobe does not let me save it.

Jairo239709876dzp_0-1649718381675.png

When I download the file from the source (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/gst498.html), I can fill it up fine, no data loss.

However, when the user does the same, download the file from the source, filling it up, saving, they get data loss.  Which leads me to believe it is an issue with the User's PC or their version of Reader.

Oddly enough I have version 2022.011.xxx
They have version 2022.001.xxx   When downloading the newest adobe reader it is the same 2022.001.xxx version.  How come I have a newer version that what is shown in the Adobe official page?

Thank you,

Jairo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines