Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital ID - configuration required

Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use several forms that were created in Adobe Pro and have signature fields.  The forms are completed by other people outside of our organization, then emailed to us for signature.  For the past 24 months, the signer has been able to touch the signature field, choose their signature, type their password, and sign the document.  All of this was completed in Adobe Reader DC.  Starting yesterday, when the signer touches the signature field, a box pops up indicating that a Digital ID Configuration Required.  If you touch "Configure Digital ID," you then have to search for the signer's signature file, enter the signers password, then select the signature file again, and then enter the password again to be able to sign.

If I open Acrobat Reader DC and get into signatures, Adobe can "find" the signature files.  If I open a PDF file in Reader DC, I have the problem stated above - it seems like the program no longer "sees" all of the signature files that it used to see, and which are still there.

How can this be corrected ASAP?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you - using Windows ID created a major security issue for my users, so it is not a solution for my organization.  I have tried to edit my logged in/logged out status, and that didn't have any lasting impact.

I am so extremely disappointed that my organization has had these problems for a month and still there is no fix from Adobe.  This issue has severely hindered operations.  Unacceptable.  If there is no solution, Adobe should walk back the update and not release it again until the issue has been corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization is experiencing an identical issue:

1. Even with the presence of a previously created Digital ID, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC present the "Add Digital ID" prompt instead of the "Sign Document" prompt, although we can work around it by browsing to the certificate file, selecting it, and entering the password. While Acrobat DC is open, signing will then work properly until it's closed again.

2. Repeatedly, Acrobat DC seems to "forget" the signature added to the list, although the issue is intermittent: Sometimes, when browsing to Edit --> Preferences --> Signatures --> Identities and Trusted Certificates, the signature appears under "Digital IDs" list, and sometimes it does not. Our users typically have Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Reader DC both installed.

3. Setting or unsetting the "Use modern user interface for signing and Digital ID configuration" does not seem to have any effect.

4. We are running 2015 Release (Continuous) | Version 2015.023.20056.

5. I first noticed the issue on Wednesday, 25 JAN 2017.

3. This issue has created absolute havoc at our organization and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non of the solutions put forward here have worked, I have spent a week or so going through this with aqdobe support who could not resolve with usual setting etc. It has now been filed as a bug with their engineering people for the next update of the software to fix. Bug reference is ADC-4202129.

It doesn't do this on earlier versions of acrobat (we have a few laptops on site that I was able to turn automatic updates off before it updated and they work fine), so I'm going to try removing and installing to an earlier version for the time being till the bug fix is in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have same issue on Adobe Reader XI. From this morning few users detected during the signment the password is not required.

That's so strange..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaulVAE, I would like to make my own report to Adobe about this bug.  Maybe if enough people point out the issue it will be resolved sooner rather than later!  What process did you go through to make the bug report to Adobe for resolution?  Email? Phone call?  Please provide the contact info and the process.  THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Called their tech support from the number on their manage account area of the adobe website. Spoke to a nice gentlemen who spent about a week going through settings and registry info to see if anything could resolve the problem locally, it did not, so he raised the bug on that reference number above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this with Adobe XI 11.0.19

I will try nikoler4461811's suggestion to see if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to add a little to this.

We are having a similar problem, and Continue to have the same problem.

We all sign documents here digitally in this way (and we all hate acrobat at this point). You can only sign one at a time, so we have documents split up into sections. And their online method just send the file one at a time to people, and if someone doesn't sign it just stalls on them. It's terrible.

So what I realized. If I go to sign a document that I created, my signature is remembered after making sire it's there in the preferences.

But when I go to sign a document from this person, on the same drive (so it's not that) the digital ID is no loner remembered. We have to find our ID, put in our signature, then put in your signature again. Since this takes longer it increases the chance that someone else will fail at the end because 2 people had it open at the same time. So speed is important.

This kind of thing is just unacceptable for a software who's price is ridiculously inflated simply because it's what people use because regulations force them to. What is it now, up to 15 bucks a month, per person? So we can sign things, and add a page from word here and there? What a deal! *obvious sarcasm*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines