Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Digital Signature AND Electronic Signature

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Pro, is there the possibility of sometimes signing digitally and other times simply signing electronically with a typed signature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to explain what you mean by either term. What's the difference between a digital signature and an "electronic signature"?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-workers would rather I simply type in my name and forward to the next person rather than signing with a digital certificate.  I believe when I sign with the digital certificate, it locks the next person out and they are unable to sign.

I apologize.  I am new to this process.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I created the digital certificate, I no longer have the option to type my name using the "Place Signature" function under Fill & Sign Tools.  It only gives me the option to "Drag New Signature Rectangle" where it then places the digital certificate and locks others out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use digital signature fields. You can set them to lock some fields, and not others, when signed. That way you can have multiple people sign the file one after another.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines