• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature disappears when opened in web browser

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created an interactive PDF form that requires a Digital Signature that we would like to have available on our website for users to fill out. Unfortunately, the one signature form field disappears when viewed through a web browser (chrome) after we uploaded the form to our website. All other form fields are available, but the signature field is not visible nor clickable.

If the PDF form is downloaded and opened in Acrobat on a computer the signature field is available, but if done on mobile through the Acrobat App the form field disappears visually, but if you click where this field should be, the signature button does appear to fill in. 

To summarize:

• Digital Signature works correctly when downloaded and opened in Acrobat on a Computer.
  • Digital Signature field not visible when downloaded and opened in Acrobat App on Mobile device.
  • Digital Signature field not available or visible at all when viewed online through a Web Browser.

We are looking to have this form perform the same no matter what platform it is viewed on. I'm working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Mac and finding support for this specific issue has been quite difficult. Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all browsers support this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, but that still does not explain why it is not working correctly on mobile in the Acrobat App or even which browsers DO support this feature. We normally recommend downloading the form, but with this issue on mobile, this recommendation is no longer a valid solution as most of our audience will be accessing this form via mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader on Android or iOS doesn't supports Digital Signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but that still does not explain why it is not working correctly on mobile in the Acrobat App"

Adobe never added that to the mobile app. No, it isn't a good thing.

"or even which browsers DO support this feature."

So far as I know, no browser makers bothered to support signing. IE, until it is discontinued, uses Adobe's plug-in and might allow signing.

Unfortunately, your expectations, while reasonable, cannot be fulfilled. You must explain in detail how your customers can download, must use Mac or Windows, must use Adobe software, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with a form we need students to sign. Did you ever resolve why this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i speak for many when I ask....Is there a work around or how does Adobe address e-signatures  via web browser or mobile? Simply stating that it is not supported does not give a path to pursue. I servive a govenment agency with an authorization form that I need to make compatible. Can Adobe make that happen or do I need to find a new vendor with a workable solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issues, I change all PDF to open as PDF's. Its a setting : always open as. Its seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sign now works as you would expect, without that the signer needs to have an account or a subscription.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this? We've had the exact same issue for years and want to make it so our documents can be viewed via a web browser via desktop and mobile device and be able to see the signable field. I honestly can't believe this type of issue exists in 2023!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences- then Security (enhanced) - un mark the box I have circled and Highlighted.
[cid:26ba58ae-10d3-449a-82a4-c53f8c70a1b0]

To view Calspan's e-mail message disclaimer, please visit: http://www.calspan.com/ourCompany/emaildisclaimer.php
Check out our website, www.calspan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I can't see your screenshot as it appears as a CID link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines