• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signature field

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In DC I no longer find the Digital Signature field.

I am creating a form for a client who wants to capture a Digital Signature.

On the Prepare Form toolbar there is "Add a Signature" and "Add a signature Block". I've used these and defined the field as "signature" but when I open the form in Reader, the field just accepts plain text. I've used digital signature field before and it always shows up with the red marker in the field.

Is this option no longer in DC or am I missing something?

Thanks

Brian

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

What you've done is created a form that's compatible with Adobe's E-sign services (Adobe Sign, e-signatures online, formerly EchoSign | Adobe Document Cloud ), which is entirely different than and incompatible with digital signatures. When in form editing mode, select the "More" button and select "Revert to Acrobat Form". You'll then be able to add a digital signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to add a digital signature field, it will not show up on my form unless I am in Prepare Form.  When I try to do the Sign & Fill with the digital signature field, it says I have to e-mail it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the signature field.

Exit the form edit mode.

Mouse click on the signature field.

Don't use Fill & Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need someone to be able to sign this form with just a mouse or finger if they are on a tablet.  This is what happens when I use the signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are almost no mobile PDF viewers that support digital signature fields, so it won't be practical to use one. Adobe Sign is supported on Adobe mobile PDF viewers though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Adobe Sign you have to send it to a particular person, correct?  You can't just create a template for anyone to sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must convert the form to a Adobe Sign form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will they have to have a digital ID or can they sign using their mouse or finger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Try the forum for Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sat wat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Acrobat form. Why want you convert it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh I've had the same problem too...

I've been banging my head against a wall and searching through endless YouTube video and scrolling through webpages.

Couldn't find it anywhere. I'll check the solution out when I get home.

Hopefully it works for me too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for hours, and still don't see any option to add the signature field so my form can simply be downloaded and signed. I keep hitting dead ends. Extremely frustrating. With DocuSign I just add the box and it's done. Why is Adobe so messed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU EVERYONE. I too have been looking for this answer since last Friday. ADOBE!!!kirk-khan-shout__span.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Got stuck with this one just today and spent the requisite two hours of life lost until I found this thread.

A word to the wise, in Acrobat if you select "Prepare Form," you'll see a graphical dialog box saying "select a file or scan a document to begin" and an option with a check box down lower for "This document requires signatures." If you check this box, the Prepare Form tool will automatically place you in Adobe e-sign mode and all signature fields added will then appear as text boxes. I found I could not reverse out of this by going reverting to PDF Form mode - had to start over with the original PDF file and make sure not to check that box. Then everything worked as expected for placed signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This helped save me lots of time trying to figure out how to change the signature boxes back to the original.  By the time I was searching for an answer, I had completely forgotten that I had clicked the "contains signatures" in the beginning when I started creating the form.   I too had to start over as I couldn't find anyway to convert the field to the original signature box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. This was golden information for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

buzzlyteyr this was sooo helpful!  I found I also had to "turn off" the auto-detection for form fields, which is an option when you select "Prepare Form" as well.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. However, I do not see any dialog box saying "select a file or scan a document to begin" and an option with a check box down lower for "This document requires signatures." So, still lost in Adobeland (after many hours) with no simple friggin solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!  After searching threads and watching videos for days to solve this problem, your solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually wrong.  It doesn't work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Demonstrating how to add a digital signature block permanently for CAC signing to a PDF document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks George!!!  I too spent endless hours trying to fing that field!  Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if you cannot use the "Cloud" due to company security policies?  

Also, I cannot find a "Revert to Acrobat Form" at all under More on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines