• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital signature not showing name, just date stamp

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an IdenTrust digital certificate saved on my device and have used it to sign PDFs in the past, but now when I sign it only shows the date stamp of when I signed, no name next to it. When I click on the signature and view details it does show my email address and that the certificate is valid, but will not show when just viewing the document. I have tried to View>Show/Hide>Signatures

but still cannot see my name.  Screen shot below for reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 11.14.03 AM.png

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share both a PDF with your current signature and a PDF with a signature from the past with the desired appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I could not find a PDF with my past digital signature with this certificate, but this is an example of what it should look like, with some redactions.   What it currently looks like is on the original post where it only displays the date.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 3.08.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I could not find a PDF with my past digital signature with this certificate

Then please do share a PDF as signed currently (not a screenshot but a PDF) for analysis.

The screen shot you posted in response to AkanchhaS's post looks like your certificate (more exactly the subject DN of your certificate) does not contain information parts which Acrobat currently uses to determine a name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created and signed PDF (attached).  I made sure to check that all name options were selected when signing like Akanchha mentioned. It appears my email is now showing but not name and there is still that blank space to the right of the signature panel.

Thanks again for all the help so far.

-Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having a look at the signer certificate of that signature one sees that the subject distinguished name is

0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1=A01410D000001708311F5D1000062E6,
email=tim.hartman@freedomis.com,
ou=Verified Email: tim.hartman@freedomis.com

Thus, there only is an organization unit entry (OU; clearly misused), an email entry, and a LDAP userid entry. So there is no name information, neither surname (SN) and given name (GN) nor a common name (CN).

As a consequence, Acrobat cannot display your name as it cannot be derived from your certificate subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

Upon creating the Digital Signature you get to choose the Name, Logo, Date , Labels etc. for display.

It could be a possibility that Name wasn't selected or missed to add. To verify this, create a new Digital Id including Name, Date etc.  and see if that does the same. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, but when I attempt to create a new digital signature, my name still does not appear when creating from the certificate file and I cannot edit it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 2.39.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Sign Document dialog select your profile and then create a new appearance for it.
Make sure that the Name box is ticked in that new appearance (as well as any other details you want to display), and then click OK:

try67_0-1626168624927.png

Use this appearance when signing a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines