• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Signature text is overlapping

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On some documents, when I Digitally Sign using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, the text will the time and date is overlapping.  I've tried creating a new signature but still occasionally get the same issue.  Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the PDF file with and without the signature. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end and digitally signed the PDF file and its working fine.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to digitally sign the PDF file? Please try to recreate the digital signature and try again to sign the PDF.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described in some PDFs the text of date and time in the digital signature is overlapped.

As its a behavior with some PDF files , would you mind sharing the sample PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end? Also, please try to recreate the PDFs from the original source file and then try to digitally sign them and see if that works for you.

Also make sure that you have the latest version of the application installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a scanned paper document, both with and without my digital signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed no updated were available - Installed: Adobe Acrobat DC (21.005.20060)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the PDF file with and without the signature. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end and digitally signed the PDF file and its working fine.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to digitally sign the PDF file? Please try to recreate the digital signature and try again to sign the PDF.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Also a new release of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available (version 21.007.20091) Please try to update the application from the help menu and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried replacing the digital signature file but had the same result.

IT was able to install the update to 21.007.20091 and at the same time remove a copy of Adobe Reader (possibly unreleated but just in case someone else has this same issue).  After rebooting, the issue was resolved and new digital signatures looks normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have this version (64 bits). I have uninstalled, reinstalled the program, deleted and imported the certificate again and everything remains the same, without being able to see the signature correctly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is axactly my issue as well.

Any solutions available so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font MyriadPro-Regular (which is used in your signature visualization) is referenced from your PDF with errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

restarted the machine, I actually found that going to the user's adobe folder and deleting their .pfx file(s) c:\users\%.%\appdata\roaming\adobe\acrobat\security; Open Adobe > edit > preference > signature and follow the wizard to create a new digital signature corrected the issue that I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add my digital signature to the PDF prior to requesting signatures, it adjusts the text and makes it overlap.  

Overlapping text.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Suzanne5E1B 

We are sorry to hear that. Please check the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/digital-signature-not-readeable/m-p/12849441#M357... and see if that helps.

Amal

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines