• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable 'share files' popup?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to completely disable the popup that advertises the 'share' button?  It blocks the tools I need until it's manually dismissed and since I never share files online, it's nothing but an unnecessary and increasingly annoying interruption.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. At the moment, it isn't possible to customize the Share button.  Please file a feature request for the form via the link below: Feature Request/Bug Report Form to make the Share button customizable.

Please also see the link - What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC  on the capabilities introduced by the Share button.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi djsikors,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to disable the pop-up which appears when launching Acrobat, is that correct?

Would it be possible to share the screenshot of the issue with us? To share the screenshot here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

You may also visit the following forum thread and see if this is related to your issue:

Disable or remove Share button new to Acrobat DC

Also, could you confirm the application - Reader or Acrobat you are using on the machine?

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot in reply #18 on the other thread you refer to is it precisely, so there's no need for an additional screenshot.  I am using Acrobat Pro DC, version 2019.008.20080.  As you can see, the pop-up covers the top two tools completely, and must be dismissed before they can be used.

Thanks!

--Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the info. At the moment, it isn't possible to customize the Share button.  Please file a feature request for the form via the link below: Feature Request/Bug Report Form to make the Share button customizable.

Please also see the link - What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC  on the capabilities introduced by the Share button.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the exact request I would make is already up there, so there's no need to do more than upvote it.  One hopes Adobe takes the request seriously; it's clear many users have issues with the so-called "big blue share button" and would like to see its presence made optional at a minimum.

Thank you for your time; I suppose we can consider this question closed.

--Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its amazing, I didnt even know it was adobe who made the pop up.
No title, didnt register in processes. Looked A LOT like a virus.

Adobe, I dont know what you are doing but you are pushing people out the door with these shenanigans.
We dont want to be forced to do things the way you do them. We want to follow the needs of our workflow.
Please stop being like microsoft, and forcing your bad ideas on us.
So many new little annoying things like this share files option every time we export a file. Heaven forbid we should be exporting 500 files, thats 500 times we have to click  "Maybe later".

Stop forcing us to do what you want!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be REALLY nice if Adobe just fixed this poor behavior.  I see people have been complaining about it for years now. It's a major usability flaw. You should never interfer with a user's actions by throwing up un-necessary dialog boxes, especially for "value added" services that no one ever wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines