• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Graphics on PDF

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I completed a job for a client of an Infographic that includes a kind of cartoon imagery and text. The design was completed in InDesign and I was given all the files of the completed design, done by someone else. All I had to do was edit some of the text and then convert to a new PDF. I completed the job and sent the new files over, but the client keeps coming back to me saying that when he opens the PDF the images disapper.  I have tried troubleshooting different ideas. I saved the InDesign file as a different version thinking he may not have the most up-to-date version of Adobe and I even embeded the images and saved a new PDF with the embeded images, but he is still having the same issue. The weird thing is that I packaged the document and sent him all those files and he says the PDF that includes the printer's marks works fine. But of course he needs the PDF without those marks for his purposes.

I feel like the issue is on his end. I have sent the file to another design friend and some family members to have them open the files and they don't have any issues viewing the images, but I wanted to ask here if anyone has any other suggestions of what I could try to resolve the issue for him?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using spot colours and transparency? Have you viewed the file yourself in a non-Adobe viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ask them where exactly they're viewing the file, in what application. And ask for (full-window) screenshots of what they're seeing (and not seeing), and post them here. My guess is they're viewing the file in some non-compliant PDF viewer, such as Apple Preview or a browser plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines