Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing icons in Acrobat X toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Anyone encountered this? I'm trying out Acrobat X, love the clean interface; a pity though they did not adopt the slider bar for zoom.

About every few hours or so, the some icons on the toolbar will disappear, leaving a black hole or just the gray background. If I continue using Acrobat, it will eventually hang. I'll have to restart the PC, and eventually face the same problem again.

This is a screenshot (before things got worse):

1.PNG

You can see that a number of icons are gone. The ones I missed are the hand and the highlight tool

Then it hangs:

2.PNG

Thanks,

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

After my last post *touchwood* I have not had any issues. Yet at home, I have the same version of Acrobat running and I think it has caused the disappearing labels and so forth to happen when in Acrobat, but most annoyingly, when I try to use menus in other programs like Firefox which use the addons of acrobat.

My home PC has not had the videocard drivers updated, so I am thinking that must be a major influence.

It seems strange to me that you *have* to have the updated drivers, but, if it works, who am I to knock it.

Kristan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with the Acrobat 10.1 patch since Wednesday, (it is now Friday), and have seen none of the disappearing icon issues

I experienced prior to 10.1.  It seems, for us at least, 10.1 was the answer we'd been waiting for.  (Although we'd assumed that all along.)  Hope it work

s for everyone else as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2011 Jul 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been running 10.1 for a couple of weeks now. Im not sure if the problem is solved. I have never experienced the disappearing icons symptom again. But it seems to be replaced by a plain old crash. Acrobat crashes and all my open PDFs close. It's a pain. To find the PDFs I had been working on, I'll have to do a date-time search.

It happens less often, and usually when I have about 10 or more PDFs open. You can "feel it coming', when the page scroll starts to lag when I try to scroll down.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines