• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing Signatures

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I received signed document from outside my organization (required). However, when I try to save the document onto my desktop, hard-drive, etc. The signature I received disappears. Why is this? How do I fix this? I need the document to be saved onto BOX and not Adobe Cloud. Is there a way to fix this issue? 

Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which service did it come from? 

Which Adobe service or app are you using?

Most electronic document signature services such as DocuSign or Adobe Sign have a box to request a signed copy to be sent to your email inbox for your records.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

I am using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro. I'm sending my documents via email. Per the organization we do not use DocuSign and or Adobe Sign or any forms of apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Acrobat Pro DC.]

If you're not using an electronic signature gathering service, how did the recipient SIGN the document? 

A hard copy signature would have to be re-scanned and saved as JPG or PDF and then sent as an email attachment. If the email attachment contains no signature, then I suspect the person didn't actually sign it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I fill the form out on Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, where I also sign the document. Next, I email the receipient and ask them to sign on a specific signature location. Sometimes the receipient does this electronically and others they print scan and mail it back to me. 

In this paticular case, the document I received was electronically signed and there is a visible signature however, once I click "Enable Features" the signature goes away and is no longer visible. I've contacted Adobe Support for assistance on trouble shooting this and provided my number/information after engaging in a chat not too long ago however, I haven't received anything from Adobe. I am just trying to navigate why this is an issue and how this happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect because it's not a hard signature.  It's electronically signed which is virutal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So theres no way to fix this? or do i have to inform them that hey, its cause its a virtual signature and for some reason that works? Sorry I don't understand... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people can't be bothered with hard signatures anymore.  The only time I hard sign is when document requires notarization. 

Most people prefer the convenience and security afforded by e-signature services which when requested by signatory returns a flattened hard copy with e-sign embedded inside the document. 

Without knowing more about which e-sign method was used on the other end, it's impossible to comment about what went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Nancy,

I came to the forum with the same question and I wanted to hopefully provide clarity on what's happening. Rather than using the "request e-signatures" option under Fill & Sign, my organization opts to use the "Sign Yourself" option. You can have a saved, pre-loaded written signature that you can then choose to insert into the document. But, every so often, when a second person recieves the document after it has already been signed once this way, a second person is not able to insert a signature using the same method- what was on the page goes blank from the first person. Anyways, I know its been a while since this question has been asked, but it comes up quite often for us based on our workload, and I wanted to find out if there was a way to prevent this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines