• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DISPLAY ISSUES WITH MY PDFs

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i open a pdf file in Adobe half my line work and text is invisible. How do i fix this.

MARK UP ISSUES.PNG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, half of your line work and text is invisible.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check? If  the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and then open it with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and  make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20058 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Check  'Smooth line arts' 'Smooth images and 'Enhance thin lines' > Click OK

If it doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i get these files they are a tif file and i open them with a program
called "pdf converter". Could this be the problem as i have other pdf files
from several months ago that were opened a different way and they display
just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the original .tif files in Acrobat and save as PDFs. You can use the Acrobat Action Wizard to create an Action that can be quickly applied to a file or a folder of files. Or open the tifs in Photoshop, save as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Ill give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaulttyzllsxraonj ,

Please let us know if the way suggested by Luke jennings3 worked or not.

In case you are still facing the issue please share the sample PDF file & tiff image as well along with the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using.

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely a display problem that began after the 7/14/2021 update. All of the images in all of my PDFs now display at low resolution in Acrobat. My PDFs are fine--I have opened them in Illustrator and the images are fine. The images even display correctly in Mark-up, but not in Acrobat. It is the latest update to Acrobat that has introduced the display problem.

Hello, Adobe?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hughh51342151,

We would need few details to understand the issue.

1.Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

If possible please share the sample PDF files as well.

2. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20058 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Regards,

Sweta Karn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I've been having problems as well with my pdfs displaying properly after creating them from Illustrator. My Acrobat version is 22.001.201.20142 and my Illustrator version is 26.3.1.  You can see in my screen capture below (ai file on left & aa file on the right. I'm also having problems in all my ai files properly displaying onscreen. The redraw displays haphazardly dropping in and out. I always have to magnify back and forth to get the whole image to appear. My 2020 iMac OS is Big Sur v11.2.

Sincerely,

Ross

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 2.59.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save your pdf from Illustrator using the Illustrator default settings. Your Acrobat page display preference for overprinting should be set to "Always". The dieline should be on a separate layer and a spot color and not knock out the image. The tabs need score lines. Is the gold a spot color or foil? if so, you need to discuss the gradations with your printer, as that might be an issue. You might need to reset your Acrobat preferences if the above suggestions don't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upon closer examination, it appears you placed a pdf into an illustrator file to make your pdf. If this is the case, you should open the original pdf in Illustrator (assuming it was created in Illustrator), make your edits, then save as a pdf (using the illustrator default settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines