Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Documents Printing Out Highlighted When They Are Not

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue with several documents and am trying to determine if this is a setting I've checked or a printer issue.

I have contracts I scan and print.  Even though I have not highlighted anything on the page, the whole document prints out highlighted.  This all started when I DID highlight one paragraph on a contract.  It printed out as if I had highlighted the whole page and not just the small section.  

From that point on, all documents I print out have highlighter all over the entire document even though there is nothing highlighted on a document.  I cannot figure out how to fix this.  Is this a setting?

I have no issues printing out Word or other types of documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

We are sorry to hear that. As described the PDF are printing with highlights when nothing is highlighted on the document.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs you try to print? Please try with a different PDF file and check. A share a small video of the issue would help us to better understand the issue.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works for you.

You may also try to print the PDF as an image and see if that helps. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as image.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines