• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DOCX to PDF Bug with Hyperlinked Text

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a PDF via the "Create PDF" button in the Adobe Ribbon in MS Word, I have noticed that sometimes the hyperlinks are not clickable in the PDF and sometimes they are.  I found the pattern and I think it's a bug.  

• If a hyperlink in the DOCX contains an achor (e.g. www.myfile.com#page=32), then all the linked text after that one in the PDF are not clickable.
  • If a hyperlink in the DOCX is internal, then it disables all links in the PDF.  For example, if a sentence says, "For more information, read Appendix B," and you link internally to Appendix B in the same DOCX, then the resulting PDF has zero clickable links.  They're all disabled.
  • If neither of the scenerios above exists, that is, all the links are external and have no anchors, then the resulting links in the PDF are just fine.  No problems.

How does one go about reporting that to Adoble?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I also forgot to mention that in Scenario #1 above, the resulting PDF's bookmarks were messed up due to that achor being present.  When I removed the anchor, the booksmarks redendred correctly from DOCX to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  The first thing to check, I suppose, is if you have the latest version installed.   Have you checked for updates for Acrobat?

I think this is the URL to report a bug (or ask for a feature) for an Adobe app - select the product from the drop-down:  https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AQDWebmaster_0-1657567163426.png

Thanks, Dave.  I'll try the link and see where it goes.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines