• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Acrobat support or plan to support colgroup and rowgroup as values for the scope attribute?

New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create the following table in HTML, in order to have it be properly tagged for accessibility, I would add scope="col" to the Trousers, Skirts, and Dresses cells, and scope="row" to the Antwerp, Gent, and Brussels cells, along with changing them all to th instead of td.  Acrobat supports both of these. However, I would also add scope="colgroup" to the Clothes cell.

As far as I can tell, Acrobat does not support this. Instead of the simple act of adding colgroup or rowgroup in situations like this, it appears that we are required to add ID and Header info to every single cell in the table.  Its not only a huge amount of extra work, it can also lead to errors since there is so much extra typing of IDs everywhere.

Is there something I am missing, or does Acrobat simply not support colgroup and rowgroup as values for scope? It seems pretty crazy that they could not simply add two new values to assist screen readers in reading PDFs.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 101154.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Modern Acrobat , PDF , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?