• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe ever answer their telephones?

Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or are we expected to call 7 times over 3 days, waiting 20 to 40 min each time? 

Only one successful connection during that time. 

Absolutely appauling. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Customer Care agents mainly handle current subscription, billing and account activation issues. My experience with Customer Care agents has always been positive.  They are polite and eager to assist whenever it's within their power to.  But please don't expect them to teach you how to use your software.  That's not their function.  And don't go to them expecting support for discontinued products.  Again, that's not their function. 

For product questions, please post in the appropriate product

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the online chat is always UNAVAILABLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been on the phone now for 2 hours and as yet no conversation only music 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

besides unavilable, sorry, the chat always waste the time and never get the answer also!

Don't know Adobe setup the Chat for what purpose or just "tell" the customer Adobe has support but you'r enever get it! funny...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Care agents mainly handle current subscription, billing and account activation issues. My experience with Customer Care agents has always been positive.  They are polite and eager to assist whenever it's within their power to.  But please don't expect them to teach you how to use your software.  That's not their function.  And don't go to them expecting support for discontinued products.  Again, that's not their function. 

For product questions, please post in the appropriate product community support forums where fellow product users and experts will be more than happy to assist you 24/7. 

https://community.adobe.com/

Phone support is available M-F during normal business hours.  Online Chat is accessible during off hours.   If you require customer support, log-in with a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers.  If you can't log-in, try using a different device.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click the chat icon (shown below) and type AGENT followed by Enter key. 

Chat iconChat icon

================
NOTE: The pandemic is still effecting many sectors. There are fewer available support agents and wait times may be longer than normal.  Please be patient.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on hold for over three hours, told that my call would be answered at about 45 minutes in.  I suppose it's too early to give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're much more likely to get help here, if it's something we can help with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just laid my 2008 MacBook Pro to rest after a logic board failure, and after getting a copy of the boot drive to be installed in a refurbished 2009 MacBook Pro.  It runs great, but launching FreeHand brings up the Telephone Activation Worksheet with banks of numbers and a prompt to call 1 (800) 945-9049 to receive confirmation numbers.  I tried the Internet activation twice and it failed.  Into hour number five of on-hold music.  Is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AirPlein1, Freehand is a discontinued software program and most likely the "telephone activation worksheet" numbers are out of date and no longer active.

Try contacting Adobe with its current phone numbers or chat at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Look under the category of "installation problems."

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize it's discontinued, but following the prompts took me to an Adobe telephone support line that answers and plays music.  I am on chat now with Lakshay, who reminds me that FreeHand is discontinued.  If we have a breakthrough, I will reply back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how my chat is going…

Steve, support is no longer available for your product version. Phone and chat support is not available for free or discontinued software or services. You are welcome to visit our Community Support Forum: https://community.adobe.com/ where you can post questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to Nancy's suggestions, you can also consider these alternatives to Freehand:

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macromedia Freehand has been dead for nearly 20 years.  Due to legal reasons, I'm afraid you won't get any help with this.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_FreeHand

I suggest you get a subscription to Illustrator for $21/month for 12 months.  Or download free Inkscape.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines