Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Does HP scan to document really produce a PDF

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned a document on my HP Envy 5530 and I was hoping to edit it one of the free or nearly free PDF editors. I've tried documentcloud Adobe and one other. I can erase some text and type in some new text, but it's next to impossible to match the original text in position or especially appearance. I'm guessing that the "PDF" captured from the scanner is not fully editable? Ultimately what I wanted to do was click on the text in the scanned PDF and change it.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scipio

Hope you are doing well. As described you want to edit the PDF using free PDF editor.

Would you mind sharing the appliation you are using to edit the PDF created from scanner? Assuming you have Acrobat Reader DC (Freeware application) The Edit PDF function is available in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Paid subscription). FOr more information about Acrobat Reader DC please check out the help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/faq.html)

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I do have Acrobat DC and tried it. Plus I tried pdfsimpli, converting my document to a PDF and to Word which didn't really work. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines