• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the (2020) Adobe Acrobat Pro DC have a 32-bit version and work on the MS Surface Pro X?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering buying a Microsoft Surface Pro X, which runs 32-bit emulator but not 64-bit emulator. (It is ARM 64). I would rather not buy a MS Surface Pro 7. 

All I want to know is whether my existing subscription to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will run on a Surface Pro X, and that I will be able to create and modify PDFs.

I am a lawyer, not a creative. I don't need to use other Adobe products. I do need to create and edit PDFs and then read, edit and annotate them on a tablet in court.  

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complicated... Acrobat Pro DC today (April 2020) is only a 32-bit application. HOWEVER, it only adds an Adobe PDF printer driver to 64-bit Intel based systems. It MIGHT only support 64-bit Office (not sure). So your PDF creation may be limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it may refuse to install completely because of the system architecture...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat DC Pro on my Surface X with an ARM processor. Worked well for a few months but then updates started failing and when I tried to reinstall it I was unsuccessful. I got a lot of error messages about license module not being installed correctly. So, hoping for a real ARM processor version.... /Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 1st gen Surface Pro X with 8 gig of ram and I eally like it. It worked with Adobe DC pro without issue. I like it so much I upgraded to the 2nd gen and downloaded the Adobe Acrobat DC pro to use on it......installation is not permitted and it says not available for your model yet?? The machines are different build numbers, but the hassle almost make me want to sell both of them. At the very least keep the older slower model since DC pro still works on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duly noted. I will make sure I don’t upgrade in the case - I did take the plunge and so far Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has worked fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar problem. I am an academic, and I often need to merge files, edit and annotate pdfs. Strangely, my Surface Pro was supporting Adobe Acrobat and DC, but for the last few days it has not been responding when I attempt to convert files. I have purchased a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud - so I'm wondering why this issue is occuring. Should I uninstall the program? (I purchased a new Surface Pro - and Adobe seems to be working fine on the new one, but I'm wondering why this is happening on my older Surface Pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines