• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double click in Acrobat Pro DC stopped working on SOME PDFs but others will open

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only some of my PDF files will open by double clicking on them.  Others do not.  On those that do not, I've made sure Acrobat Pro DC is the associated  application.  If I right click on the file and choose to open it with Acrobat Pro DC, it will open like normal.  Also, when I have Acrobat Pro DC running and select FILE/OPEN and drill to certain files, they are grayed out and I cannot open them.

Some PDF files will open with Acrobat Pro DC with a double click just like normal.

What is going on?

I'm on Mac OS 12.3.1 and Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20112

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an OS feature and has nothing to do with the program. I would ask that in Apple's forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I'm curious if it's the OS, why do some open with a double click and others not?  All of them used to open.  Now only some do.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Again,

For what it is worth, I just discovered that if I open a PDF in Photoshop then save it in the Photoshop PDF format, the double click to open now works.

Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines