• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DOWNLOAD ATTEMPT

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long term user of pdf for the storage of documents sent to me in that format.  But it is becoming un-usable because of the system's attempt to download a document whenever  I try to open.  I can see that others have a similar problem.  I have tried going to my Windows 11 settings for Privacy and Security but under site settings, PDF does not appear.  I do not have Chrome. When I receive a pdf document I am having to take a screen shot quickly and copy into word!  In settings I have tried to update PDF and let it go into itd repair mode but makes no difference.

Can you help me, because I cannot access any of my existing pdf documents.
TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program do you use to open the PDF document? PDF is a format associated with Acrobat, but there are many more tools to open a PDF file. The problems you describe are probably more a PC configuration problem than an Acrobat issue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader DC and my operating system is Windows 11, can you
give me further guidance with this information.?

Thanks you

Roger Higgins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have gone to me privacy settings for Windows 11 but still no success. Have nor had a problem for 10 years plus, have not changed myoperating system or settings so do not understand why this problem has arrived but I do note that others are finding a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you open the file in a web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have made no progress.  PDF has become unusable because any attemp to open an existing file resulkts in an immediate attempt to download and the no action to open, close etc will work.  I have to call up task manager to close PDF down. If I receive a PDF document I have to quickly copy and paste into Word so that I can retain access to the document.  I have tried to review my Windows 11 settings to change any "download"  settings but without success.  I need more specific guidance please.  Again, I can see that others have similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no success, I cannot save new PDF documents unless I hurridly copy and paste into Word.  Attempts to open any existing PDF documement immediately triggers an attempted download and I have to use Task Manager to clear my screen.  My web browser is Firefox.  So Adobe remains unusable, I need specifice step by step process to clear this issue.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines