• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded PDF from TD Bank not editable.

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TD Bank's statements are downloaded as Secure PDFs.  In order to edit (I like to highlight them as I reconcile my balance each month) I need to enter a Permissions Password.  I called the bank and they said it's something I need to do within my software.   I'm using Acrobat Pro DC 

Help please!!!

Thanks.

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud
TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Yes, they don’t issue passwords and their call centre staff won’t know about them. But there will be a password to lock out editing. Most banks seem to do this strange and inconvenient thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

I eventually found a work-around.

"Print to Microsoft PDF" and save with another file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

oh for anyone wondering my workaround/workflow on OSX Catalina was open the statement pdf in Preview and then:

File > Export as PDF... and the resulting file will be editable/saveable 

(because at some point I have spent hours marking up a pdf only to realise my marks would not be saved, and there was much gnashing of teeth and renting of garments and wailing)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured it out!  Open you bank statement in google chrome.  Click file-print-save as pdf.  And now you can edit in adobe pro!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, just for you know. I ran in the same kind problem.

I founded out if you send the pdfs to your email (gmail) and click on PRINT straight from the email thread (don't download the files) then, from print save as PDF, re-name it. After that you should be able to open in photoshop/illustrator/indesign etc... 😃 you are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I tried several of the above suggestions which did not work on Mac Catalina but the above did. Opening the statement in goggle - saving as PDF - and yes can now edit to highlight. Huge help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: 

1 - Open the PDF in Google Chrome

2 - CTRL + P (Windows) or Command + P (Mac)

3 - Print as PDF 

Save your file, DONE (: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines