• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing objects in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the version of Acrobat previous to DC, I could draw lines, circles and other shapes on PDF. I used this capability frequently to cross out sections of forms I would send customers so they'd not waste time. In DC, however, I can't seem to find how to draw a line. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Hi Toepper,

You can find those options in the Commenting tools (click Tools, then click Open under the Comment icon). The Commenting tools will appear at the top of the window; you can access the shape tools by clicking the rightmost icon.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but only if you also add contextual text to explain why you drew a circle or box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes sense for comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, makes sense for comments, but also for edits. If I am sending instructions to a printer of a manuscript, I am not making comments, I am making edits. i.e., instructions for changes when printing. And why does my drawing tool box show in the right panel when I am making edits if I can't use it? Showing it gives the impression that it can be sued. This doesn't make sense if drawing tools can only be used when making comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat is not a graphic editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then how do we import a detailed form from Acrobat CC with drop menus into Indesign to add 'graphic editing'?? And have all aspects of the interactive form still intact after exporting to PDF when complete?

I have not found a solution to this so far - anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-10-13 094650.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, and that is called editing, not commenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is odd. My comment doesn't correspond to what I replied  to (Bernd's commnent in this thread posted on 11 August 2022). Out of contect, my comment doesn't make sense. In the 11 August comment by Bernd, editing is described, but called commenting. Hope my comment makes better sense to anyone reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comon just stop defending your product. MAKE IT AVALIBLE TO DRAW LINES!!! 
We the customers are needing it. Why make it harder for ous???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can comments be a logical approach to making basic lines and shapes?? Even free publishing software is capable of this simple task, we're not trying to make a comment but a piece of design!

I used the convoluted hidden comments section to make a simple rectangle and the outcome is bullcrap in a form design its just not elegant, it does not act in the way professional use it for the intricate design!

Look we have to do our jobs very well, so why can't the Acrobat designers do the same especially for the simple things like Edit  add and PROPER 'shapes/lines'. Gee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please add so we can draw, erase and add line/rectangles and common shapes?!?!? 
This is not acceptable. 
I was using a free software before my company bought Adobe DC to make this easier but ITS WORSE!!!
WHY SHOULD I PAY TO MAKE IT WORSE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines