Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Shadow Creates discolored box when flattened

Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a digitla printer using a xerox c75 with fiery rip software. I have a pdf a customer supplied. Initially it was having an issue where the drop shadow for some of the text was not that same font as the text. On screen it looked correct however when you printed it the Text was san serifed and drop shadow was serifed. I was able to fix the problem by adding zero opacity water mark and then outlining the the type in flattener preview. That fixed the first issue however now drop shadows in the document are discoloring the background they are on top off. Does any one know a good pre press option. Unfortunately I do not have access to the original file only the final PDF. I am using Acrobat pro DC on a  Mac

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be print as image could help!

You didn’t try to outline the text using preflight? I can imagine that your 0-opacity watermark did some changes to the file.

On the other hand, what is the reason for the font substitution?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines