Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown list based on entries in different fields

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am preparing Agreement file in PDF with active fields. I was looking for a solution to the problem I came across, but the solution I found and modified does not meet all expectations. Maybe someone here knows a suitable solution.

What I need is:

The agreement contains several fields with, for example, people's names: the person concluding the contract (filed 1), the contact person (field 2), the person authorized to collect the parcel (field 3). Sometimes it's one person, sometimes it's three different people. Name fields are in different parts of the contract.

My intention is to prepare the form in such a way that after entering the person signing the contract (field 1) it is possible to select this person from the dropdown list in field 2. However, in field 2 it must also be possible to manually enter the name of another person.

It's easy at this stage. The problem arises with field 3, because it is necessary to select from the list both names entered in field 1 (text field), selected or entered in field 2 (dropdown list) and possible to enter the third name manually.

I tried to solve this problem by creating an additional text field that retrieves the name selected/entered in field 2 and together with field 1 creates another selection list. However, this solution does not work properly because the name in field 2 is delayed by one cycle, for example: I entered in field 1 the name Chris, in field 2 I have a choice of this name, but I entered the name Peter. In field number 3, I only have Chris to choose from. However, when I enter another name in field 2, e.g. Jack, the choice Chris and Peter appears in field 3 (previous value of field 2).

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Maybe there is a much simpler way?

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Seems like you're using a script.

Can you please share the current script to see what you are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines