• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown menu not expanding

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reviewing many posts and expert guidance on this forum, I created custom script to populate dropdown boxes from other dropdown entries.  The form works perfectly for me but when I provide the form to other users, the dropdown boxes will not open.  However, the user can tab into the boxes and arrow through the options.   Form is linked here: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FopP_UVtTUbk5lefoygcxMBMf1amkVr8/view?usp=sharing

Dropdowns affected: "ViolationType", "SafetyStatute", "EmissionStatute"

Additionally, some users are not able to use the dropdown calendar, field: "ViolationDate".

I cannot determine why other users are unable to experience the form as designed and any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

I have the same issue. It's caused by the MouseUp actions of the drop-downs. You should move these commands to the Validation event, or remove them entirely. It's not clear what their purpose is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. It's caused by the MouseUp actions of the drop-downs. You should move these commands to the Validation event, or remove them entirely. It's not clear what their purpose is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... That resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to Try67's

The custom script don't work in my Acrobat Mobile app, but I can open and browse every dropdown menu without an issue.

You may also want your users to use Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro (or similar software).

If the users are opening the files from a desktop computer through a web browser, or using a Chromebook device, an iPad Prodevice, or AndroidOS device, for example, it may not or won't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great guidance.. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines