• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplex Printing Flip on long edge second side prints rubbish

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 (latest version as of 17 March 20023)

Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest version, continuous release 2023.001.20064 64 bit)

Printer HP LaserJet Pro 500 Colour MFP M570dw (latest drivers and software)

When I select to print on both sides of paper flip on long edge the resulting print is good ob side 1 and rubish on side 2 (upside down, lines blurred & on top of each other, weird characters, mixed up and generally illegible).

Attached files:

• Test Page (file I am printing)
  • Test Page Adobe Print Long Edge (outcome of print)

This does not happen when I print using flip on short edge or from other applications Word, etc..

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Penny28925763d6u6 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

I this an issue with a specific PDF or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, try to remove the printer driver and firmware and reboot the computer and reinstall it from the manufacturer's website and check if that helps.

Also, try to repair the Acrobat installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal

I think it is a problem with all pdf files (I haven't found one that works yet).

I have removed and reinstalled all drivers/printer set up (more than once).

I have reinstalled the latest version of Acrobat and then I have done a repair.

I didn’t see a preferences folder under my appdata\roaming path for Adobe, so I move the entire folder to a temporary place on a different drive:.

Penny28925763d6u6_0-1679070403306.png

I restarted adobe and tried printing – the error is still there.  Maybe that is not the folder you were meaning?  If not, where should I look.

Cheers

Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Penny28925763d6u6 

Please collect the print logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-print-logs-for-acrobat.html  also, collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I think I have generated all teh files/logs you have requested.

Can you give me a link to a folder in the cloud where I can share them, I don;t have anything like that.

Regards Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Penny28925763d6u6 

Share the logs via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link via private message with us for further investigation.

To start the private message, click on the envelope icon on the top right of this page.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have uninstalled everything remotely connected with Adobe, restarted the comptuer and then re-installed.

All that work had no effect.  Double sided printing (flip along long edge) from a local copy of Acrobat still does not work.

I have resigned myself to printing from the within Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

While I work out how to securely share the logs with you (I can't believe you don;t have a dedicated space where I can up load them), let me share some additional information that we have discovered this afternoon.

If I print from the Adobe Acrobat installed on my laptop, I get the double-sided fault.

If I print from a browser, I do not get the fault.

So it must be something to do with the local application.

Regards Penny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines