• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Stamp not updating time/date when inserted to document

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I customer recently switched from Bluebeam and wants to use one of their Bluebeam stamps in Adobe Acrobat.  The issue is that the time/date option within the stamp itself does not transfer to Adobe Acrobat.  I looked in to adding and discovered it needs to be added via Javascript.  I thought I had it done correctly but the time/date only shows the time/date in which the stamp was created, not inserted.  

I'm currently using this script and importing the dynamic stamp in to Adobe Acrobat.  

event.value = (new Date()).toString();

AFDate_FormatEx("h:MM tt, mmm dd, yyyy");

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you import the stamp, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the stamp pallete and imported the stamp there.  I also tried creating one from the pallete and adding the Javascript and importing that.  Still have the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not import an existing stamp. Instead, you should copy the stamp file as is from the Stamps folder in the old machine to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was copied over but it was created in Bleubeam and the time/date portion doesn't function within Adobe Acrobat.  So the Javascript was added to the stamp to allow the portion to appear.  When it's inserted, the time/date does not relfect the time/date of insertion.  It only reflects the time/date for when the Javascript was created and saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no universal definition of how stamp files should work. I guess the BB stamps don't follow the Acrobat pattern, so you will have to re-create it in Acrobat. You can reuse the same code, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines