• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic text within a PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my company uses a PDF to pass on our pricing and services to clients. Currently, the document comes to our graphics department to be edited. This happens often and is becoming a bottleneck. The changes are almost always in the pricing. Is it possible to link text/numbers to an outside source (excel spreadsheet) so that, when updated, the corresponding text in the PDF will reflect the changes? We have tried the MS Word/Excel solution, but due to fonts, print drivers, etc... the document does not maintain its brand compliance.

Any advice is appreciated.

Best,

Joe

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use form fields you can import the data in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What programs do you have available? Just Acrobat or also InDesign or AEM Forms Designer? There are a couple of ways creating "dynamic forms". Depending on you software you'll have more or less flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I have Creative Cloud with all apps at my disposal. Ideally, the workflow would allow the Sales Team/Ownership to update a common document format (Word, Excel, Plain Text) that would update the branded/designed PDF.

Best,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to import data into form fields, but not from Excel. It will have to be a plain-text file, or an FDF file, or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you! Can you point me in the direction of resources for that type of import?

I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why you are looking to update the PDF. I don't mean it isn't a reasonable wish, but there is almost certainly a better way to do this. Editing PDF is a time waster, a desperate last resort (as you've found).

So, what format is the ORIGINAL of this PDF (for example, Word document, InDesign document...) And why not just update that file and re-make the PDF. Not sure what you mean by fonts, print drivers etc. so please give details (there are many real obstacles but usually a way around them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines