Edit and fill option and spell check

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a document in microsoft word. I scanned to a PDF and want to use the edit and fill option in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020.  When doing so I realized spell check wasn't an option unless I added text boxes.  Now that I have done that, it won't allow me to use the edit and fill options on other parts of the document. Any suggestions.

Thanks-

Katie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

Hope you are doing well.

If we understand your workflow correctly, then you have made a document in MS Word, and then scanned into a PDF. 

Now want to Edit and Fill the same document in Acrobat 2020, but it doesn't allow you to do that after already Filling in details on the document. Is that right?

For better understanding, we'd like to know:

• Have you used Adobe Acrobat to create/convert the document?
  • After adding the text boxes in PDF using Acrobat, did you apply the signature on it and then saved it?

If yes, then signing locks the document and restricts it to make further changes to it. So, you probably need to save a fresh copy of the file and then make the desired changes.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, the document was made in Microsoft Word and scanned as a PDF. I
want to be able to use it as a template if you will and have the
availability for spell check and use of the edit and fill options that
Adobe Acrobat has to offer. Is it possible to have both? I find after
adding the text box, I can get spell check in those areas however the
template is limited to edit and fill in only areas with text.
Thanks-
Katie

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines