• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable PDF plus signatures

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm not an Adobe ninja so I could use some help.

at work we have a form that was created in word. I saved it to a PDF and then made it so the fields are editable.  That part works perfectly. 

here's where I get stumped. I need this to allow didgital signatures BUT I don't want them to be able to change the contents of the rest of the document. 

to add complexity, this contract gets added into a PDF binder with other pages that gets sent to the client.

how do I make it wheee the body of the contract, where I enter the info, can't get edited after I complete it but when the contract is added to the binder, they can digitally sign it?

hipe that makes sense.

thanks 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allen28758474zuyy,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind confirming how you make the fields editable? Are you using adding the form field using the Prepare form tool?

Or are you using the Fill & Sign tool to add information in the fields? 

How will you be sending the document for signature? 

We need more information about the workflow to provide you with the correct information.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi, I'd be happy to share..

I aved the form to a PDF, from a word doc. The i opened it up, afger saving it as a PDF, and clicked rools, then I used prepare form, under forms and signatures. That part work perfectly.I can fill in the contract details, just as I had hoped, tab across, formatting is correct and as expected. However, the signature part is th issue. I saved the form and sent it to a colleague, and despite the fields being set to read only, she could change them.

Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:

The form is 7 pages long. Pages 1 and 2 have the fields I'd like to have as an editable field so I can just tab across and get to the next entry. On pages 5 and 7 I have fields I'd like for the client to be able to fillin. Page 5 is signature, company info etc... and page 7 is banking info.

When I fill in the form, I'd like to be able to have the areras I filled in to be locked, where they cannot change it, they'd still be able to enter their info and digitally sign it.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines