• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable PDF to display full date

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on editable PDF, and I have date field where I went to populate the date in the following format;

dddd mmm/dd/yy.   Friday Aug/24/18.

I need it to display the day of week, I have tried amending the date options below but the date field refuses to play ball, keeps throwing all sorts of errors?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, can anybody help?

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.22.44.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 12.25.55.png

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

This code inserts creates a string with a full date in one months time  in Spanish

var meses = new Array ("Enero","Febrero","Marzo","Abril","Mayo","Junio","Julio","Agosto","Septiembre","Octubre","Noviembre","Diciembre");

var diasSemana = new Array("Domingo","Lunes","Martes","Miércoles","Jueves","Viernes","Sábado");

var d=new Date();

var f = new Date(d.getFullYear(), d.getMonth()+1,d.getDate());

if(!this.getField("Validez").readonly) {

this.getField("Validez").value = diasSemana[f.getDay()] + ", " + f.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select that Format then you also have to enter a value that follows it... What exactly are you entering into the field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used that format and entered "24/8/18" and it worked fine, because that is a standard date format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enter dddd mmmm dd,yyyy into the custom field on the format tab, it shows at Week Day Month day, year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the field you entered your custom date format into is an input field, then one has to enter the date that matches the specified format. A way around this would be to add an "On Focus" action to prompt for the date using the "app.response" method. You would have to perform the date validation and formatting as part of that script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify this is sentence below extracted from the PDF. Each of the Friday Aug/24/18 blocks shown should be a calendar drop-down that user can select the date from and then it be displayed in the format above. How do I do that? How do I make that work.

n8HdTU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This code inserts creates a string with a full date in one months time  in Spanish

var meses = new Array ("Enero","Febrero","Marzo","Abril","Mayo","Junio","Julio","Agosto","Septiembre","Octubre","Noviembre","Diciembre");

var diasSemana = new Array("Domingo","Lunes","Martes","Miércoles","Jueves","Viernes","Sábado");

var d=new Date();

var f = new Date(d.getFullYear(), d.getMonth()+1,d.getDate());

if(!this.getField("Validez").readonly) {

this.getField("Validez").value = diasSemana[f.getDay()] + ", " + f.getDate() + " de " + meses[f.getMonth()] + " de " + f.getFullYear();}

It should be useful. I have it in Document Javascripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am an old style hacker.  I love ugly hacks. My priority is that it works. I do not care about anything else. I am a damn good programmer and my code actually is maintainable but my only care is that it works.  I never touch what works .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines