• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing OCR text in Acrobat X for mac

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that I need to make searchable and selectable by running OCR on it, but it contains both text and non-text elements that are not properly recognized by OCR (when I run OCR on it, some of it is accurate, but other elements are not). I need to find a way to edit the OCR, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to do that. I have Acrobat Pro X for mac. Ideally, I need to be able to follow the steps here (https://www.onelegal.com/blog/how-to-correct-ocr-errors-using-adobe-acrobat/) by running Preflight and Making OCR Visible, but the option to Make OCR Visible is not appearing in Preflight in my copy of Acrobat. Is this a version problem, perhaps? Could anyone help me figure out how to edit the OCR text in my document? Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needless to say, Acrobat X, which was released in 2010, is long out of date and End of Line. I haven't even seen it in a very long time and can't really provide any specific assistance on how to do what you're doing. I did look up and find the Acrobat X manual (PDF), you can access this here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/archive/acrobat/X/pro/acrobat_X_pro_help.pdf

One other thing to be aware of: I do not know what version of the Mac OS you are using but I'm going to take a stab and guess that it's not the one you were using in 2010. As such, your version of Acrobat may not be functioning completely as intended. Perhaps it is, I have no way of knowing that. 

Hopefully you'll find your answers in the above link to the PDF manual, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I just did have one thought: if you copy and paste the text from the PDF into (say) Word, any spelling errors will pop up and you can then see them to go back into the PDF to correct them. 

Again, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines