Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Editing PDF immediately rasterizes vector elements?

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major issue that I can't seem to troubleshoot. When I click the Edit PDF button in Acrobat Professional DC (latest release 2021.005) every element on the page is immediately converted to a low-resolution raster element and/or a poorly traced vector. It's happening with all documents, including PDFs from Illustrator and PDFs from InDesign, both old and new. A simple Press Quality PDF document of a vector circle with absolutely no transparency or raster effects of any kind is being "seen" as a scanned image and is being converted to raster as soon as I click Edit PDF. Is this an Acrobat bug or a setting that may have changed with the last update? Is my Mac 27" Radeon graphics card now incompatible with the lastest updates? Thanks much.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021
I have seen that before. Do you have "recgonize text" selected? If so, uncheck that. That setting is sticky so it should not automatically try to recognize the text (and rasterize the vectors).

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that before. Do you have "recgonize text" selected? If so, uncheck that. That setting is sticky so it should not automatically try to recognize the text (and rasterize the vectors).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Geek, you are a life saver. That seems to have been the exact issue. Thanks millions. Amy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines