Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Text Location on Multiple PDF Files

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  This is my first time on here.

I have a set of 300 PDFs which each have a 'mailer' page as the first page.

The addresses on these pages need to be moved to be consistently in precise locations (to fit in envelope windows).

I am (so far) unable to figure out how to move a text box to a specific location.

Then I need to know how I would set up an action to apply to all the files.

Can anyone advise me? I have attached an example file

Thanks for any help you can lend

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't move static text using a script or any other automatic means. Is the text on the page different in each file?

If not, just replace that page in each file with a copy that the text in the right location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, these are individual mailing addresses, so each one is unique.

I gues manual is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other option I can think of is to read the contents of the area you want to move, then cover it using a text field that's placed at the desired location, and populate that field with the old text. Then flatten the file to convert the text field into static contents.

This will require the development of a custom-made script, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume you can't re-do the PDFs and position the addresses in the correct position.

There is a work around using InDesign that may speed things up a bit. This assumes the existing addresses are in the same position and need to be moved the same distance.

First combine the PDFs in Acrobat and place the pages into InDesign using the place multipage PDF script.

Select the first page and copy and paste in place.

Grab the corners of the placed PDF to shrink it to the size of the address box and move it into the desired position.

Change the fill color to white.

Go to the next address page, copy and paste in place, then go to Object> Transform again> Transform sequence again.

This will resize and move the box the same amount as was done previously.

When finished, export to a new PDF (or new individual PDFs).

Tip: make a red stroked box indicating the envelope window position on the master page, put it on a layer set to view, but not print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines