Exit

Embbeded fonts in PDF file

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with following problem:

I have a PDF file which is a text for a book. I upload the file on Barnes & Noble but unfortunately there's a mistake because the fonts aren't embbeded. 
In Acrobat I clicked on print-production in preflight and clicked on 'check and correct' convert fonts but unfortunately there are still a lot of objects that Acrobat still can't embbed.

Does anyone has an idea?
The file has already been formatted so I don't want to open the Word-file again, I thought maybe there's a chance to do it in Acrobat?

All the best
Katharina

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the options here to print the pdf with adobe pdf and check the options in the help file to embed the fonts.

How to Embed Fonts in a PDF | Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain why you don't want to open the Word file again? In general going back to the Word document and remaking the PDF takes less than a minute and is much recommended. You need to use the correct options to make the PDF with embedded fonts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer! I guess the point is that someone else did the formatting for me and I only got the PDF back. Somehow he can't manage it to change the settings. So I thought maybe there's a way to change in Acrobat itself.

But it's right, I saw some tutorials and no matter if you use Word or Indesign, it's really simple to adjust it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the preflight shown in the attached screen shot, if there are still unembedded fonts (all fonts should say embedded or subset, when you go to File> Properties> Fonts) then either some used fonts do not allow embedding, or the needed fonts are not available on your computer. Does the person who did the formatting have Acrobat? if so, the preflight may work for him and he can then send you the fixed pdf.

embed fonts.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines