Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embdedded Font?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Day,

I have two PDF that I am trying to combine. I can open and read both separately however when I combine them the one file's text turns to blocks and symbols. Would this be because the creator of that file has embedded the font? I don't know much about embedding the fonts. 

I really need this resolved so any advice is much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF that's changing might need to have the fonts embedded, try running a preflight profile to embed the fonts before combining the two PDFs, Tools> Print Production> Preflight> Fixups> Embed missing fonts.

embed preflight.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

You may also try creating the PDF portfolio. A PDF Portfolio contains multiple files assembled into an integrated PDF unit. The files in a PDF Portfolio can be in a wide range of file types created in different applications. For example, a PDF Portfolio can include text documents, e-mail messages, spreadsheets, CAD drawings, and PowerPoint presentations. The original files retain their individual identities but are assembled into one PDF Portfolio file. You can open, read, edit, and format each component file independently of the other component files in the PDF Portfolio.

For more information about creating one, please checkout the steps shared here - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-customize-pdf-portfolios.html

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines