• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed a PDF form into the body of a second PDF

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to add a pdf I've prepared with some form fields and other non-form text and graphics, into the body of other PDFs regularly. 

In effect, the layout of the text, graphics and form fields need to be a sort of 'drag and drop' or copy and paste element I can position on any other document I need.

Is there any way to do this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Yes, insert the pages of the form into the other PDF in Acrobat DC Pro. In fact, you can drag and drop the form PDF into the pages panel of another PDF to insert it. 

This process can also be automated with a script, or an Action in Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Won't that just add the form as a second page? I want to add it ONTO the existing page, without increasing page count. So the second PDF is just a small block (say 6cmx4cm) and would sit ON the A4 page in the corner.

By @OEC24388674zs30

So essentially you want a mini-form that can be placed on top of any page in the PDF.
There are a couple of ways to do this. Both require advanced automation scripting. 

1)  Use a page template.  Form cannot be positioned or scaled. It's just superimposed o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, insert the pages of the form into the other PDF in Acrobat DC Pro. In fact, you can drag and drop the form PDF into the pages panel of another PDF to insert it. 

This process can also be automated with a script, or an Action in Acrobat Pro. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't that just add the form as a second page? I want to add it ONTO the existing page, without increasing page count. So the second PDF is just a small block (say 6cmx4cm) and would sit ON the A4 page in the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're way outside what is possible. There are ways to add a PDF as a graphic (including using it as a button icon), but no way to place the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @OEC24388674zs30

So essentially you want a mini-form that can be placed on top of any page in the PDF.
There are a couple of ways to do this. Both require advanced automation scripting. 

1)  Use a page template.  Form cannot be positioned or scaled. It's just superimposed over a page in the PDF. 

2) Turn the form page (minus fields) into a graphic and place it on the page where you want the mini-form. Try67 suggested a button image for this. I prefer to use a stamp.  Stamps are easier for the user to place and size (and also use fewer XObject layers). Once placed the graphic is flattened and all the fields are created in the correct positions.    I've used this one a few times. The cool bit is that its scalable. You can resize the stamp and the fields will be placed and sized to fit the form graphic. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thom, good info and much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can superimpose one PDF on top of a part of the page of another by, for example, using it as the icon of an image field, but that will not bring any form fields or scripts with it into the target file. Those will have to be re-created and applied from scratch, using a custom-made script. So what you're asking for is possible, but not trivial.

If you're interested in hiring a professional developer to create this tool for you, feel free to contact me privately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Try67, I'll work around it for now but will save this thread in case I need scripting help in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines