Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding Chinese characters in dropdown-menu

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm experiencing problems with (Simplified) Chinese characters in form fields (to be specific: dropdown-menu's). When I create a dropdown-menu via the 'prepare form' tool and add an option in Chinese, it works fine on my own computer. However, when my Chinese colleague opens the PDF in Acrobat DC, it does not show the Chinese characters. See attached screenshot.

I've tried a lot of different fonts (standard fonts like Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, but also specific Chinese fonts), which should embed, but they don't. Is there a way to solve this? I would really like to know. Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As the form is working fine on your machine but not on the other user's machine. It looks like the font is not properly embedded into the PDF file or the required font is not present on the user's machine or he may not have the required permission to use the font.

Please ask him to go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under rendering, select 'Use local font' > Click OK and reboot the application and check if that helps.

Also please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-fonts.html and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines