• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding fonts into Acrobat joboptions file.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently moved to a Win10/CC2019 machine and was trying to re-create a joboptions file I used in MSWord on the old machine. My issue is that in this instance I can't embed a couple of proprietary TTFs that were embedded in the earlier joboptions file. I changed the 'Font embeddability' property to Installable on one font. I can see the font in Windows Explorer (or whatever it's called these days), but not in 'PDF Settings\Font Source:' listing called through MSWord. Thus, I cannot embed what I cannot see. Thanks in advance for your input.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your new system, exactly where and how are you installing these fonts? Are you installing as a link or is the font being moved into Windows\Fonts? Are you installing for all users or for just the current user? The latest version of Windows 10 makes such a distinction and if you install only for the current user, it might not be seen by the PDFMaker software.

If it would be possible, if you could contact me via private message on the forums and make one or more of the fonts that don't embed available for me to test with, we will be glad to look into this for you here at Adobe. We will keep anything you send us confidential.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI

Can anyone say if Dov looked into this problem? I have the same problem with my Assistant font, not printing properly to PDF. Then I realized that it's not only the Assistant font, even the Adobe Clean font doesn't seem to print properly when I a joboption that translates transparent images properly to PDF. 

So I looked into the different joboptions and realized I need to run a PDFX4 joboption - it is not located in the default settings for Distiller. When I try to open the PDFX4 joboption itself (in Distiller), it gives me an error message, i.e. that it cannot be open. 

So now I have to choose - either print with good fonts and bad images or print with good images and bad fonts. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Orly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines