Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding PDF Files (Documents) inside a Adobe Acrobat PDF

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedding PDF Files (Documents) inside a Adobe Acrobat PDF

I am trying to find a way to embed a PDF document into an existing Adobe Acrobat X PDF.  I know how to create links to different pages.  However, I need to embed an actual file inside the PDF in certain arias, after clicking on an image or link…  Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Have you tried using attachments?

1. View – Show/Hide – Navigation Panes – Attachments
  2. Click the Add a new attachment icon.
  3. View – Tools – Content and select the Link icon.
  4. Select the text/image to create the link.
  5. In the Create Link dialog box, select Go to a page view and click Next.
  6. In the Attachments pane, double-click the attached file and click on Set Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not wrong. There's more than one way to attach a file to a PDF, and actually if you want to be able to link to it your method won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only way it worked for me, even got a coworker who only has PDF viewer and she was able to open all the attachments, when I followed the original instructions nothing got linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "PDF viewer", exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain exactly what I need and how I followed the previous steps just to note that is not working.

I need several Visio charts that were exported as PDF to be embedded into main PDF file so a reader can double clikc on each icon and the chart is opened as separate file for the reader.

1. I designed a document in Word file where I attached some Visios charts. But they were huge in size. So, I exported each Visio Chart as PDF and insert a PDF icon for each. Everything was OK but the client wanted to email the document as PDF not as a Word file.

2. I saved Word file as PDF. No option related to links. See attached.

Word2PDF-export.PNG

I ended up with a PDF looking like this one. No icon was an active link as it supposed to be.

no-link.PNG

So, I tried the aformentioned steps.

1. I opened Attachments tab. See attached.

attach-tab.PNG

2. I clicked add a new attachment icon. It opened a window from where I could locate and attach any PDF.

add-attach.PNG

3. Then, according to instructions received, I should go to View-Tools_Content. What? There is no such option from the attach file window. You already saw it in the above screenshot. I only have the option OPEN. My menu is in Romanian. Deschidere means OPEN.

So, I assumed that first I should add the files as attachments, then to go to View-Tools-Content. Guess what? Still no such option.

view-tools-no-content.png

So, I tried a different approach.

1. I clicked on Edit PDF, I selected the PDF icon and from Attachement tab, I dragged and dropped the PDF file I need it. As you probably already knew it did not work.

Useless to say that if I follow steps 5 and 6 will not work. As someone else already described when I double click on any PDF from Attachements tab it simply opens the file. Even a right click on that file will not display any option as SET LINK.

creat-link.png

go-to-page-view.png

set-what-link.png

So, what am I missing?

Any input is appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my version of Adobe (Adobe Acrobat X Standard - the only link related utility I have is shown under Tools underneath the header Add or Edit Interactive Object - there is no "Create Link" dialog - I can add an icon - either a paperclip or a drafting board Pin - but not the standard Adobe PDF attachment icon that I typically use when embedding PDF's in MS Word documents.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had a lot of issues with the Adobe embedded PDF Viewer.  It does not show the PDF all the time.  It was getting too annoying to deal with.  So, I used a standard iframe instead in an aspx page.  It works without errors every time.

var binaryString = atob( "<%=base64str%>" );
var bytes = new Uint8Array( binaryString.length );

for ( var i = 0; i < binaryString.length; i++ )
{
bytes[i] = binaryString.charCodeAt( i );
}

var iframe = document.getElementById( "pdfFrame" );

var blob = new Blob( [bytes.buffer], { type: 'application/pdf' } );
var url = URL.createObjectURL( blob );

iframe.src=url;
iframe.hidden = false;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines