• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entering text into interactive pdfs

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for some insight on interactive pdf text entry. I've created several in InDesign for work. Some users are able to download them, save to desktop, and enter text no problem. Other users, including other computers in my own household, are not able to do this w/o the text shrinking when they switch to another item on the document. Or, they are limited to one sentence of text entry. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MoWoody,

Sorry about the delay in response.

As mentioned above, you have created the PDF in Indesign. Could you please let us know where you have uploaded the files? 

Would you mind sharing the file with us and your steps to create the file?

Share the workflow you use to download and fill in the PDF form. It would be helpful if you could share the screenshots of the file that worked fine and the one that shrinks the text for a better understanding.

Let us know if the issue is already resolved.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your response! The files were exported and then uploaded to Dropbox. From there, I upload them to Pathwrite. This is a software platform we use to host a library of our courses. I've attached the steps I have taken to export them to interactive pdfs from InDesign.

From there, I share with users the following steps on how to download and use:
See Attachments: Step One, Step Two, Step Three

I have Adobe on my computer so it's all good...but not all users have adobe. I foresee the possibility of needing to convert these all to Word Docs.

Let me know what you think,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> text shrinking

- Set the Font Size of the field to anything but Auto.

> limited to one sentence of text entry

- Set the Multiline option of the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font size is not set at auto....the form works on some computers but not others...and even shrunk the text on a very new computer after the doc was downloaded. I've double clicked in the text boxes to try and see what the option is set on for multiline but nothing is popping up. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The multi-line option is available in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file is in InDesign, which I know is adobe product...but I don't seem to be locating where this option is, in the InDesign file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to ask that in the InDesign forum. We're talking about Acrobat here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines