Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1 opening file

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following error: 

Could not open 'Notes.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been corrupted. For example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded.

This was saved on my desktop and not recieved by e-mail.  Any suggestions on how I can recover this file? 

Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silly,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the PDF and getting the above error message.

The error comes when a PDF file is corrupt or damaged and Adobe Reader tries to open it, but when it finds that there is an issue with the PDF, it throws the error.

Have you created this PDF or have you got it from a different user? If you have got it from a different user,

Please ask the original sender to zip the PDF file, or share it using cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive instead of email.

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe article - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-error-1015-11001-update.html and see if tht helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Amal,

I created this file and made modifications using Bluebeam.  This was not e-mailed to me.  My computer froze after working on this file for  about 4 days and I had to reboot without saving a couple of hours worth of work.  When it rebooted, I could not reopen the file and received this error message.  

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines