• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 10:10 when trying to open a PDF in Internet Explorer 11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I am unable to open an PDF document from a web based page. Nornally, it will open a new window in IE 11 with the PDF docoument. Now, I get an error message saying "there is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:). I have used the cleaning tool and removed all traces of my Adobe DC Pro, rebooted. No success. I am running Windows 10 Pro, Adobe DC Pro version 2020.006.20034. IE 11 version 11.592.18362.0. I have seen multiple posts about this issue but never a solution. This is affecting me and my co workers. Can you please provide a solution. Thank you. adobe error 1010.JPG

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue with same setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Step 1 Clear temp files:

Open file Explorer

Go to %temp%

Select all and delete

Go to C:\windows\temp\

Select all and delete

Step 2 Clear IE Cache:

Close All IE windows

Open Task Manager

Stop all IExplore.exe processes

Open the Control Panel

Open Internet Options

Click Delete

Check all boxes except the Preserve Favorites website data and Passwords

Click Delete

Click OK

Step 3: 

Open Adobe Reader DC

Click on Edit>Preference>Under Catagories: Click Internet>Uncheck all three boxes

That should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this solution work?  We've been suddenly seeing the same issue.  Unfortunately, several of our users who are suddenly seeing this are on ie 11. 

It is mostly when viewing PDF files within internet explorer, which is still required for our accounting and finance staff until the vendor replaces our ERP application in the next few years.  This issue was not present a few weeks ago.  Our support desk staff believe Adobe pushed an update a week or so ago.  

I can't get to what the latest release is because I get a Gateway error on the Adobe site:

PerfectReign_0-1623866630370.png

Here's the error our users - and not all of our users - are seeing. I'm on the same builds and am able to open most PDF images in ie, when I test.  I normally use Chromium, but was testing to see if I can replicate.

Here's the error 10:10 that users are seeing. 

adobe_pdf_error_windows.png

I checked with one user to get her versions. She's running Acrobat 21.5.20048.43252.

adobe_reader_version.png

And she's running IE version 11.0 build 18362.1, as am I.

ie_version.png

I did manage to get this error on IE when viewing PDF files. It opened in the background. To be fair, though, it may not be a valid test, as I also have Acrobat DC full version on my PC.

adobe_arm_error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution did not work unfortunately. I'm still having the issue and need to view documents.

Lieutenant Mike Paglia
[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Could you please share the current version and OS on the machine?

Did you start experiencing this issue recently?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro version 20H2, OS 19042.985
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.005.20048

this issue just started happening this week, 6/16/21. Still contiues. I've tried to repair it. Still same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perfect Reign,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

As you receive this error after the recent update, we have sent you an email with some suggestions for testing purposes only.

Please check your inbox and try those steps. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and the replacement DLL files.

We updated a few of the machines where users are reporting the error.  We pushed the new libraries to the users' machiens using SCCM.  Permissions came back fine, but the error persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, another update. The users with the error are mostly still encountering the 10:10 error. Again, this is on Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11.  Most of our users are on Chrome or Edge but these users must stick with IE, as they interface with our ERP application, AMS Advantage, which is from CGI.  

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me send this patch out to the users and I'll report back.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After applying the patch, users and myself no longer have the 10:10 error issue. We can see PDF reports in IE 11. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was premature in my response. I am now seeing a scattering of users who have a similar - but not the same - issue in Internet Explorer.  It is no longer 10:10, but 1:1.

Please assist?

acrobat error 11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  We have roughly 50 users on Acrobat.  We haven't seen the issue since we updated to the latest version. However, my manager did have an issue with Adobe Sign and Acrobat this morning. I think it isn't related. (He uses the Spartan browser - a.k.a. Edge.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines